Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

In our Faith are we "me-monsters"?

 This is something I feel very strongly about. I have also seen it increasing just about everywhere. Too often we try to take credit for God's work; and with the rapidly mutating "society"{I often wonder what Jane Austen would think of today's definition} with its me-centred attitude, it's getting harder not to follow the flow.

Many people make the mistake of saying they can fix themselves - whether it saying "I chose Jesus"{see the Me-Monster creeping in that statement?} or "I accepted Jesus" Wait. You "accepted" Jesus? Wouldn't that make you higher than He?
 The fact of that matter is we "cannot by our own reason or strength believe in Jesus Christ, our Lord, or come near to Him;"*
 Many may be shocked at this; I was when I first learned.
   Then are we all doomed? is the next natural, maybe even sarcastic question. Well, no actually. It goes on:
"But{and it's a but the size of New York} the Holy Spirit has called us by the Gospel, enlightened us with His gifts, sanctified and kept us in the True Faith."*

How often do we even remember the Holy Spirit? Mention Him? We talk about God the Creator and Jesus Christ, but scarcely ever acknowledge the work of the Holy Ghost. Yet it is to Him that we owe everything! Without Him we wouldn't even know God.
  {Don't think that because I separated God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit into different parts that I believe that there are three Gods - no, there is only one God and He is Triune, and neither parts of the Trinity are set higher than the other}

Why does the Holy Ghost call us at all? Read these verses:

"I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from
 their ways and live." Ezek. 33:11

"{God} wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." 1 Tim. 2:4

"The Lord... is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

So, why isn't everyone saved? Many people reject the Holy Spirit and His Word, so they continue to be stubborn and unbelieving. They are under God's judgment by their own fault.

"You stiff-necked people, with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You are just like your fathers: You always resist the Holy Spirit!" Acts 7:51

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often have I longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing." Matt. 23:37

But God richly rewards those who believe in Him:

"God so loved the  world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

This is eternal life" that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent." John 17:3

"If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Rom. 10:9

I have to finish now, but I will leave you one last verse :){thought you could get away, huh?}

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will -- to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freeliy given us in the One he loves." Eph. 1:3-6

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I absolutely love your blog! :) I am a lot like you in that I am being raised with brothers. I love to do un-girly things. :) I also am a writing and horse fanatic. ;) I was just wondering - how much Irish are you? I would kill to be at least half Irish :D lol


    And great post. I agree with everything you and the Bible said.


    Please visit my blog!! I will continue checking yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 13, 2010

    I REALY, REALY, REALY agree about god callig US not the other way around, I see so many Me-Monsters, its kind-a like watching a Monster movie.
    Praise be to GOD!!!!

    ReplyDelete