This 'gram of the momma-to-be was taken about a month ago, before she was moved out to my place. (I need to get out an take a new one before she pops but I'm forever forgetting to take my phone when I feed.) She's very big now, with only 4 - 6 weeks to go. The little mite is an active fellow, rolling and pushing against my hand when I check her each morning. Sometimes a little bump will sprout and wander down her side before disappearing again. In the new morning when I'm still not all the way awake, I find myself sitting in the hay, marveling over this everyday miracle.
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
migraines, and early birdsong
old friends & goodbyes
a tiny thrill of freedom
try and make sense of it, let me know what you find.
my world is topsy-turvy, and right now -- that's just fine.
I don't have any words right now, as you can see. The ones that come out are barely (if that) coherent. It's a jumbled mess as I try to work through the scars and attempt to 'feel' again. It's odd, being disembodied from your emotions. I'm afraid that I have grown too used to it, and almost enjoy it.
The problem is you really can't write without emotion, at least I can't.
I have grown tired of this apathy
and miss living in my world
- too much of this one, I guess.
So this, this will be my year.
by hazel marie - 24.2.15
Tuesday, February 3, 2015
they come to rest one by one
on the doe's long lashes, above her liquid eye
her breath like a cloud, still - yet swirling
up to the stars to join the crystal frosts above
a little scribble in the margins of Winterkiln
Thursday, January 15, 2015
It's the 15th already. 15 days into the 15th year of the 21st century.
I am the kind of person who needs New Years to reevaluate and re-plan and gain new perspective. New years have such hope and promise in them. A promise I think we all crave by December.
Something new. A better year than last. A new start.
2015 means more...
-late night writing under the covers
-picture-taking of special people and special things
-whimsical watercolors, just because
-adventures in tea tasting
-more daring celtic fiddling
-horse kisses & saddle sore legs
-keeping up with old friends:
'come on over for some random new tea and s'mores by the fireplace!'
-travels to the sea
-singing with the piano
-devotion to Christ
...and hopefully a novel or two finished by Christmas
by hazel marie - 15.1.15
Saturday, December 13, 2014
- Digging out the good old Christmas cds, dusting off the stereo and Elvis Presley's Blue Christmas
- Waiting for a day of non-sub-zero temperatures to ferry all the Christmas trimmings from storage to the house (not hard this year when yesterday was 60*)
- Tweaking the nativity figurines a dozen and one times
- Hot chocolate is always on the shopping list
- Little helping hands and a large pitcher quench a thirsty tree (... and the carpet...)
- Stockings hung by the fireplace with care
- Innocent, wondering eyes reflecting the light of the Advent wreath
- Shopping the local boutiques for just the right gift, Blackbird coffee in hand
And every where the gentle glow of candles that whisper - not shout - the underlying hope of the season: He's coming!