Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

A vet trip





 The day before yesterday my sister took Hammie and Hooey in to the vet; Hooey to get booster shots and Hammie because he has been limping with his right back leg for about a week now.
The worst we thought it could be was maybe a sprain; after all, he didn't seem to be much pain.
My sister got back late and when she came in the door she was in tears. I'm telling you right now it takes A LOT to make her cry. But when it comes to our animals.... I nearly died. I could not imagine not having Hammie. Just writing it now is hard.

It turns out he experienced CCR:Cranial Cruciate Rupture.
It's not incureable{thank you,Lord!} It can be mended with surgery, but it won't ever be quite the same. But as long as we don't have to put him down, I'm happy!
He's not in much pain now, which is good. I don't know when we'll take him in to be patched up, but I did find out its close to $7oo+ just for the surgery, not including therapy....oy... I think that was why my sister was so upset; She's got a huge college work load{one more class and she'd have to get permission from the Dean} and has two jobs to pay for that and rent and she just had to get a new car and fix it up. She was afraid she couldn't afford Hammie's treatments{he is her dog, though he lives with me}. Well, she forgot just how much we love our Ham-Bone! I'm gonna throw in my savings for that violin{what's an instrament compared to my lil boy?} and Dad said he'd help her out too.
So lets pray for a quick surgery and speedy recovery for the little Fur-Child. He has been such a blessing to us. I wonder if he knows just how much....

"Give thanks unto the Lord in all circumstances..."
Lord, thank You for Hammie.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm so sorry, Gwyn! I'll be praying for Hammie. :) The Lord is in control!

    Love & hugs,
    Eldarwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it's something that can be fixed! Poor Hammie.

    ReplyDelete