Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

*Whew!* The week of stress is over at last!

We did the recital Sunday and... Brother and I were awesome, if I do say so myself. I mean, for pulling it together in three days we were perfect :D Our teacher looked soooooo surprised! She must've been a bit jarred because she gave me a hug! That made it all worth it.

  • Made teacher proud  *check*
That's all I asked. :D

I was grinning all over my face the rest of the day. And people kept coming up to me and my brother saying "Good job" and "That was great!"

  That was easily the best recital -- if the most stressful and hard earned.:)


Yesterday, however, was a different story.
  I had a 4-H Public Presentation where you do a demonstration in front of a judge and other 4-Hers. I've done it before so it really didn't faze me; except for the fact I learned I had to do it the morning of. Another surprise! Oh, joy!
  So I crammed together a short demo on how to make a ribbon necklace.
Well, I get there, set up and begin and.... My mind goes completely blank. Nothing. At. All.
   It wasn't like I was nervous or anything -- I felt fine -- but I couldn't remember what the heck I was supposed to say. And the judge just sat there grinning at me. Not helpful.
   Ooooooh, I botched it soooo badly! It was like I'd never done one before -- no, worse. Much worse.

 You all probably know that I'm perfectionist{you could say its my "fatal flaw"} and if you didn't -- I am. So after that disastrous attempt at a demo I was so angry with myself, and still am a bit. Ergggg... It might have been from all the stuff last week and them this coming on so suddenly leaping at me like some deranged tiger... I don't know. But I could have done so-much-better!!! Grrrr!! It makes me so mad!
*breathe*

Ah, well. Today I have nothing ---nothing at all--- to do but work with my Fur-children{horses, dogs, and cat} What could be better? I think that God seriously gave animals therapeutic powers :)
Getting over it ~Gwyn

1 comment:

  1. Aww that sucks. I wouldn't let it bother you too much. You didn't have much time to prepare and it's not like it was a huge thing (I don't think). You'll do great next time I'm sure. :)

    Great job on the recital!! Sounds like you guys really pulled it together. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete