Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Robin Hood, Prekness, Round up, Farrier, and a Farewell

What do all these things have in common? They all happened between Saturday and today!

{I've might be a little brief because there's a thunderstorm on its way}

I'll start with the Prekness Stakes: Congrats to Lookin' at Lucky, the Derby favorite! What a great run! I was hoping that Super Saver would win again and have a chance at the Triple Crown, but oh well. It was still great.
  I'm sooo glad that nobody's gotten hurt so far this year. I think for the past three years there's been at least one "casualty". I'm keepin' my fingers crossed! On to the Belmont Stakes in a few weeks!

That same evening my eldest sister took me and my older brother to Ridley Scott's Robin Hood. I love his movies! They are all brilliantly made and just wonderful! However, he could lay off the gore.
  This Robin Hood is a whole new take on the classic tale. And, as was promised in the trailers, it went above and beyond my expectations. I mean, the cavalry charges were magnifico!!!!!! I saw Andalusians, Friesians, New Forest Ponies(!), Barbs, and many more beautiful and unique horses! And the wolf hounds were cool too :)
  Story: ***********+!!!!
  Costumes: ***** Five stars!
  Weapons: ****/* Four & 1/2 stars! Brilliant! Though, I did see one weapon that didn't exactly fit the era{turn of the 12th century}. I can't remember what it was, but I know a saw something :P
  Rated PG-13
 BUT
As a whole, I would highly recommend this film to peoples ages 15+, because, as I mentioned before, the violence, and a few inappropriate scenes towards the beginning.
  But still, an amazing movie. Adding it to my list of favorites.

I rode Roanie all day Sunday. What a wonderful time I had :)

Yesterday I spent a total of 6 hours on my feet helping the farrier trim all our horses' hooves. Talk about a long and smelly day. Bleck. The horses didn't feel like cooperating either.
That evening our neighbor asked my Da and I to round up his two year olds{horses} and stick them in the barnyard for him. So I pop on Shyanne and Da grabs Wilber and we head out into the neighbors' South pasture. Well, I hadn't ridden Shyanne all Spring so she was real fresh, and by the time we got to the TYOs we were both pretty worn out. Then the TYO's capered around us really close as we headed them slowly back the way we'd come{over a mile}, making Shyanne a nervous wreck and permenetly bruising my rear with her stiff legged prancing and hopping.
  We had just come within sight of the barn when Diamond, the ex-stud horse, came charging over the hill. Great. Da had to beat him off and all his mares wile I had to push and bunch the TYOs myself. We made it back - barely - by the time it was dark.

This morning i said good-bye to my eldest sister as she and my aunt set off across the country - my sister to grad school, and my aunt back to her family in the same state. A sad moment. I honestly don't know when I will see her again. Could be in a month - could be Christmas! Who knows. *sigh*
  Life is changing so fast suddenly. My grandmum's passing; my brother's graduation; me getting my driver's permit; planning on possibly flying to see my cousins - on my own(!); My{other} sister's old friend moving in to become her new "house-mate"{It's funny. The girl has the same name as my eldest sister that's moving! :P}; and of course my sister's leaving. I guess we three girls won't be having that crazy summer together on the lake after all. :(

Ouch. I am sore too. 've been weed-whacking all afternoon. Makes your arms go numb after awhile :/
Well... Later. If I'm still alive :) ~Gwyn

P.S. New speed record for me: 78mph!!!!! Weeee-oooo!

2 comments:

  1. yeah. life changes real fast doesn't it? i'm finding it hard to keep up with all of it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, yikes. I sure know that saddle sore feeling.

    Life does change fast at times. But hey, God has a plan and reason for everything! :)

    ReplyDelete